Monday, September 1, 2014

Phew... Hello again.

Goodness time has flown. Happy September! I hope you had a great long weekend. We usually go to this great festival, Matthew's Alive, over Labor Day weekend but honestly I completely forgot about it this weekend (and it was way too hot). 
 With my mom here last week N and I walked to school and back daily (occasionally my mom would walk). It was great to have that time with him as he adjusted to a new teacher and classroom. 
T met his teachers and started soccer. For a crazy loud and defiant kid he is so shy and quiet when he's not with me.

I missed all the Labor Day sales except Gap (for the kids). N and T got jeans and tees and KC now has adorable booties to wear with her ruffle tights. Everything is 40% off with code DAY (just 9/1)
I also want these


I read this article last week and it has completely stuck with me. 
I've reread it many times. On Saturday, Chris and I took KC to our friends' house to watch football. The boys were invited but we left them with my parents. The moment I stepped into our friends' house I felt this release of weight. It was quiet, it was clean, and it was all so pleasant. It felt like a visit to a spa and when we drove back home I felt my mood worsen. I knew there would be laundry, an unmade bed, and eventually whining children. Someday my house will be quiet again, but that's not how it is supposed to be now. 

We tried to recreate our famous "dog and baby" picture I took when N was two months. None are as good as the original (below), followed by ones with T and one with KC.





We headed to church on Sunday. Once again, within five minutes of sitting KC pooped - only this time it went everywhere. We changed her and returned to service (in a onesie, not the pretty dress she had on ten minutes earlier). We headed to the park afterwards and then home. At home I realized I must have put deodorant on my left arm twice, and skipped my right, because it stunk! And I know I put on deodorant twice because I had to open a new one!


This week will be crazy. N and T will both be in school, along with all our activities having started. My mom has headed back so it's just me. I'm not lying to say I'm nervous. I hope your week is great. I can't believe it's time to start thinking about Halloween costumes and pumpkin picking, although this week it will be in the high 90s so I'll still be in summer mode!





2 comments :

  1. I can't believe its officially time to play fall! Although I love summer, we still have our pool open weekends - so I can still feel like I'm getting a little more summer - but have some pumpkin spice lattes as well! I feel you on the deodorant thing - one morning I shaved my left leg twice - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um I've been putting it on both arms and I still can't escape the damages of 90 degree weather! I am so ready for cooler weather. BECAUSE OUR AC IS BROKEN! ugh!

    ReplyDelete