Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Teacher Information

At the beginning of the year I like to give the teacher a questionnaire. A lot of schools will have the teachers fill one out, but I've never had one that was super comprehensive. It's great to have from the beginning so you aren't scrambling to find out info at the holidays or when you want to surprise the teacher. Here's a list of questions I ask:
It seems like a lot of parents love to spoil their child's teacher. I was completely spoiled when I taught (my favorite coffee showed up with muffins at early morning conferences or tutoring sessions). And I think when you give your child to someone else for multiple hours in the day and they are loved and happy you can't help but want to do whatever you can for the person who has taken your child under their wing. The monogram comes in handy for tumblers or bags. Hobbies, restaurants, shops, and knowing electronic usage helps for giving awesome gift cards (the #1 gift preferred by teachers). Shoe size may seem weird, and I've be able to figure it out without flat out asking before (think "Oh your feet are so tiny, what size do you where?") and I like to ask because of all the adorable flip flops that come out in the spring! Is there anything you would add to the list? I'm always looking to add to the list. 

1 comment :

  1. Such a good idea! This would come in handy. My daughter is only in daycare, but I am always struggling to find good gifts! New follower.

    ReplyDelete