Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekend Review

Happy Monday! We woke up to no heat (thank goodness for hot coffee). Last week in record low temps, my husbands car stop working and had to be towed. Apparently southerners and their things do not like the cold (at least it is supposed to be 60 today). 

I hope everyone had a great weekend. It rained all Saturday (and by rain I mean POURED). We were in PJs all day and painted. Pizza was ordered and toys were everywhere. We did start the day with some Jack Johnson and banana pancakes (and blueberry and chocolate chip). N requested them Friday night when he told us how much he loves when he wakes up and dad and I are in the kitchen making pancakes. 

The boys were begging to help paint, instead we had a dance party.
 primer

 one coat

two coats (and done) - it was dark so the color doesn't look true to what it really is. I cannot say enough great things about Sherwin Williams Emerald paint. It's pricey but they always have a sale going on, and it's coverage was amazing (although you have to wait the whole four hours for it to dry, because up until then it looks crazy). The best part is it's VOC free so the boys could sleep in their beds that night fume-free.
 The boys were so excited they decided to make their beds (we don't have new sheets for them yet).


We made a large batch of chocolate chip cookies while waiting for the paint to dry. My trusty sous chef was by my side waiting for "the licking part"

 The day ended with lots of stories (I love how little ones look at books so intently).

Sunday involved furniture shopping. We ordered a couple pieces from Pottery Barn Kids. We've never tried their furniture before (we love our PB couch) and we had a number of gift cards which helps complete the boys room. They have a furniture and bedding sale that ends today (and I didn't know this but if you order through the store instead of online they can give you a break on shipping charges). 
While at PBK, we stopped in Hanna Andersson (I think I've mentioned it's my hubs favorite store). Look at these new cuties:
 pjs

1 comment :

  1. I also swear by Sherwin Williams paint (even though it's pricer it takes fewer coats). Love the color for the room! And your boys are adorable!

    Xo, Julia
    http://www.georgiapeachmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete