Thursday, January 9, 2014

Boys' Room Progress

A while back I posted a vision for the boys' shared room here. The basic idea was this:


Over Thanksgiving, we moved them into the same room, however it was on mattresses on the floor (not quite ideal).  We realized finding a matching bed to the one N already had was nearly impossible (the one shown is a PBK Camp bed, but is not the one we have, similar though). We debated what to do, buy a bed that would compliment N's bed (maybe a navy metal type bed), try and match N's bed (Land Of Nod had a close one), and then I remembered that my husband had twin beds in his room growing up! We made a quick call to his mom and the beds were ours. They are from 1931 and needed a little Murphy's Oil Soap, but they are perfect. We are no where near done (purchasing a dresser this week and painting this weekend), but here's what has come together so far:

Once we have a few more items moved out of the room, I'll try to get one of both beds in there (the nursery rocker is still in between the beds). I'm pretty sure we will go with the color on the left for the room - Sherwin Williams Light French Gray. My husband was pulling for blue, but I just love a neutral (plus the big red letters that will go above the bed will truly pop on the gray). 

Also - Splendid is on Zulily today! Soo many cute dresses! If you need an invite, click here. Here are two of my favorites:


2 comments :