Friday, August 5, 2016

Five on Friday

Happy Friday! I hope the week has gone smoothly! I really cherishing these summer days of sleeping in (till 7:30, but still later than during the school year) and slow mornings (cinnamon rolls are currently in the oven)! I'm linking up with April and Christina for Five on Friday!


1. We moved the boys downstairs last weekend. They'd been in the back bedroom upstairs but in shifting them downstairs they get their own bathroom and the girls can move into their old room (bigger than the current room they would both be in) AND Chris and I can finally have an office! The room full of boxes went from this to this -

Please excuse the unmade beds... 
we still have work to do in here, hanging pictures and organizing (and adding a bookshelf)
I'm not thrilled with the furniture, but like so many rooms in the new house it seems like things just don't fit as well. 
 

2. I shared pictures of our old home here and had a local watercolor artist create a picture to frame in our current house. It turned out so perfect.


3. Speaking of the new house, our kitchen doesn't have a microwave. While we waited for the painters to finish I wondered if once we had our kitchen back we run out and purchase a countertop one or if we'd see how it went without one. Apparently I'm the only one in the house on team microwave. Chris is happy to never have one again and I am missing the quickness at which my beloved Amy's burritos could be prepared. But we've made it work for two months, so maybe we are going without it for good. (and it's not because we think there's some crazy waves that cause cancer - chris just thinks food tastes better when prepared "correctly" - his thoughts not mine, I like fast and easy ;) ).

4. My friend and I took our big kids ice skating this week while the little ones stayed with the sitter. It was so much fun! I forgot socks, but honestly it was probably better because my butt would have been all over the ice. I was designated bag holder and picture taker. Nothing like celebrating the summer olympics with some winter olympic activity :) (and side note one of my favorite skaters from the 92 Olympics, Paul Wylie, is a teacher at this rink!)





5. In reference to pop culture, I put myself on the waitlist at the library for the new Harry Potter. I'm only number 300+. I also ordered this version of the first book when it dropped to $8. I'm looking forward to reading it with the boys. It's a bigger book with lots of beautiful illustrations.

And have you seen the new preview for Gilmore Girls. I cannot wait. Bring on the coffee fueled duo!

No comments :

Post a Comment