Friday, August 19, 2016

Five on Friday

We just picked up school teacher assignments which is making this whole back to school thing feel more real. To keep summer fun going we're heading to the pool today with friends. For today's Five on Friday it's a nice random mix (linking up with Christina and April as always):

1. Last night Chris and I had date night and it was wonderful. We ran to do a few returns (I forgot what it's like walking through the mall without kids) and then headed to dinner. It had rained earlier so it was nice and cool and perfect for sitting outside.

2. In a rare moment KC had a terrible night of sleep. I'm not sure what was going on but she was up a lot. The next morning T asked if he could go wake her and I mentioned she'd hadn't slept well and we'd been up all night. The boys told me to go back to bed and in a few minutes I had two smiley faced breakfasts and coffee! They'd figured out how to work the Keurig. I did finally wake KC at 9am.

3. The rug for the girls' room arrived (3 day shipping!!) and it's perfect! I love it even more than I thought I would. It's from West Elm and still on sale (it's a great price for a fluffy wool rug).

4. We braved the park in the crazy heat this week so afterward I took the kids to lunch and out for TCBY. It was a huge hit.

5. I started ordering Christmas presents. With an early December due date I want to have everything done and wrapped before the baby arrives (this probably sounds like a joke to people who know me). I follow Kidz Steals and Deals on FB and have gotten a few great deals through there (they post Amazon deals). Any other sites or groups I should follow?

I hope you've had a great week and are looking forward to a good weekend. N has baseball evaluations which means our weekends are about to be swallowed by baseball yet again. Did I mention how not ready I am to start back into schedules and sports?! Long live summer.






3 comments :

  1. We spent lots of time at TCBY this summer! Love that rug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total score on the rug!! That breakfast was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet of your boys! Also, I love the new rug!

    ReplyDelete