Friday, August 12, 2016

Five on Friday

Happy Friday! In true Friday fashion cinnamon rolls are in the oven. The boys are still sleeping because we let them stay up to watch the gymnastics till 9pm (then I felt bad they missed the best part! not loving the late coverage). This week's Five on Friday will review the week just a bit.

1. The boys were at my parents for the first part of the week. This allowed me to take KC to library storytime. Our closest library is closed for a year for renovations (ironically a month after we move five minutes from it) but the librarians are offering story time at some local churches. KC loved it! It took her a minute to warm up but after that she was all about it. Throw in a stamp and bubbles at the end and she had a blast.


2. My parents brought bins back from their house. We stored so much stuff there when we decluttered (instead of just getting rid of it all). One bin was our CD collection (who uses those anymore!). This was a bit of gem I found (and it was Chris'). Aren't they on like 60 now?

3. It rained almost every day this week which has actually been nice, especially when it happens at nap time. The other day it was bright and sunny and raining and their was a rainbow in our yard!

4. I've been trying really hard to get 5 miles of walking in each week. Not just steps, but like sneakers and sweating walking. It's not super easy with all the kids home because I can't just put the boys in a stroller and go. Usually they ride their bike and I walk around the neighborhood, but I always worry a little when I can't keep my eye on them and we are on a new route. It limits our walks. This week once they returned I loaded up their bikes and the stroller and we headed to the greenways. I wasn't sure how long they would last, but it was worth trying. Luckily we made it 2 miles! It put me at almost 6 miles for the week!


5. Natalie at Design Bags and Dirty Diapers posted this eggplant stacks recipe and we tried it last night. It was super yummy and even approved by my 6 year old. I hear the leftovers are even better, we will find out tonight.

I hope your week has been a good one and you're looking forward to the weekend. Linking up with April and Christina!


No comments :

Post a Comment