Friday, August 26, 2016

Five on Friday

We've been living up it up the last week of summer. I think hormones are getting to me but I'm just really sad about school starting up again. Normally this time of year has me ready for a fresh start and exciting changes, but with so many changes having happened and coming up, I'm really liking the status quo. Here's a little review of our last week of freedom for our Five on Friday:
linking up with April and Christina

1. The boys picked out alarm clocks on Amazon. We've been setting them each morning for 6:30am, a time I think will give us enough room to dress, eat, and walk to school. The boys have been doing great getting up, I have not. I love lounging in bed (and did I mention the boys bring me coffee... it's a great set up).


2. After lounging at home I gave the boys some choices of what they wanted to do. The zoo won out so off we went. It had been a little over a year since we had been and it was a hit. The perfect week to go to the Riverbanks Zoo in South Carolina is right after SC schools start back - it was empty!

3. We attended our new school open house last night. The boys met their teachers, saw their schedules, their rooms, and they seemed excited. We met friends on the school playground earlier in the day to help ease them in and remind them of another friendly face. The playground got rave reviews from both boys.


4. Poor KC came down with a bad fever and cold. I've never seen her wake up and then want to sleep. There was a lot of Elmo watched during the day. The boys also take such great care of her. T wanted to make her as comfortable as possible and rub her back and N read her story after story. Luckily it was a one day thing and she's much better!

5. Earlier in the week we had our last summer pool days. Oh I hate saying good bye to the pool. 

This weekend we are getting together with friends, baseball starts, celebrating my dad's birthday, and seeing a high school/college friend that's in town. And then... everything changes! (not to be dramatic) I hope you have a great weekend!














3 comments :

  1. What cuties - hope the first day of school is a good one!!!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, those alarm clocks are so neat! My brother would have LOVED one when he was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a nice weekend and that everyone is on the mend soon! The end of summer is always bittersweet for me too, but those sweet alarm clocks would definitely make it more fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete