Monday, August 8, 2016

Weekend Review

This weekend was one for the books (or blog). August usually makes me a little sad with the impending school year about to start, the thought of summer leaving, and all the schedules and homework about to occur. But this weekend we took full advantage of the fact that it is still most definitely summer.

In the evenings (and some days at lunch too), KC and I wait for daddy to arrive home. Friday, Abby, Elmo, and Cookie Monster waited too. We knew we would have memories we missed at the old house, and this is quickly becoming a favorite memory from the new house. If friends aren't over the boys will ride bikes down the street to race Chris home. I usually use the find my friend app to see how close he is before I send them down the road.

Friday night Chris' company hosted dinner at the Knight's game. The weather was questionable but we would at least have a covered area to wait out rain and the boys were so excited to go. 

And rain it did! The game had a 10 minute delay, played one inning and then it poured. After about an hour and twenty minutes the game started again (under a beautiful rainbow). The Panthers were having Fan Fest at the stadium right next door so we watched the jumbotron and when our game was still in the 4th inning at 10pm, we watched Fan Fest fireworks and called it a night.





I wasn't sure how KC would react to the fireworks but she LOVED them. She did comment that they were loud but referred to them as "noise bubbles" and would laugh. The rain also gave her a few ringlets!

We hit the 22 week mark with this pregnancy. This is my go to summer outfit and will be seen at any event or gather I attend because I really don't want to buy more clothes (however Chris is sick of me saying that nothing fits except one pair of shorts). I need winter weather when I have more options!

Saturday was party day for N. His birthday is in July but we arranged his party so his closest friends would be able to make it. For years he has wanted a Game Truck party but our old house had a narrow yard and a narrow street and I just didn't see how it would work. When we picked this house, it was my first promise to him. He loved it. For an hour and half we didn't hear from the kids (and hosted little siblings inside), after the truck left we fed everyone and a soccer game broke out in the back yard. N was so happy with the day (and the sweet kid that he is, he helped clean up and set up for the party without us saying anything).


Sunday was slightly a dreaded day for Chris and I. My parents have been asking all summer to have the boys for a week. We settled on three days this week. Sunday they drove down to pick them up. Before they arrived T painted KC's nails. T usually isn't a softy at all, he's competitive, demanding, and not patient at all, but when it comes to KC he is a different kid. A friend even mentioned how she really brings out his softer side and as she's grown it has become more and more apparent. 


With nails done, necklace on, both bracelets, and sandals to show of her toes, KC was ready for breakfast (she refused a bow, still working on that). 

After breakfast was our goodbyes (and tears, from Chris). The boys were headed to Dan Nicholas park on the way to my parents' house for paddle boat rides, carousel rides, gem mining, and a train ride. And those of us left behind napped while it thundered and poured before hitting the mall and dinner with Chris' mom. 


This morning KC slept past 8:30 and the house has been so quiet. We're meeting Chris for lunch later and in all the excitement of the weekend I forgot to order groceries - so we might be headed out for dinner too. 

I hope your first weekend in August was fun. Some of our family and friends in different states head back to school today, if that's you as well I hope it's a great day~!

No comments :

Post a Comment