Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Finds

This Friday Finds is all about back to school! I've been last minute prepping this week, and fitting in all our last summer wishes (although technically N only will be in school two days next week, so there is more time). We've been reading our "back to school" books, talking about the first day, and debating taking the bus or walking.
So here are my picks, all lunch related, since that seems to be where the creativity can happen.


1. Nalgene Water Bottle - I LOVE these bottles. You can find them at Target or on Amazon (with the link). They come in different designs (we have quite a few). There's no sippy part to them - when open they will spill. But the best part, there's no valve or straw to clean (and lose). They are leakproof when closed and it's only 2 pieces (that easily go into the dishwasher). I think it might be a little silly how much I love these bottles.

2. Sandwich Cutters - In the past, I've used cookie cutters to make creative sandwiches. My only problem with that is there is a lot of wasted sandwich. This is probably my main reason for preferring cutters made for sandwiches. I know my boys would love the puzzle one!

3. Cloth Napkins - Last year I started sending the boys to school with cloth napkins. Only they were brown cocktail napkins from Pottery Barn (not the Kids one). In May I found some really cute Etsy ones, but at that point I figured why not wait until the fall since my lunch packing days were going on hiatus. So now it's fall and I've ordered these from EgadsandLittleFishes. Honestly I could have ordered quite a few. They are all so fun.

4. Stainless Steel Container - For years I've used plastic, and honestly I've been eyeing these containers since last fall. They are pricey but I have a hard time finding a better price especially for the amount of containers. I am done with plastic. I want something durable!

5. Dinnersaurs Fork and Spoon - There are our favorite utensils! They are sturdy and fun. I will say that the tip of the tails were quickly broken on ours but the boys never noticed - just I did. We use the spoon a lot more than the fork, but they make a super cute pair!

I hope everyone has either started a great school year or is looking forward to a great school year! While I feel on top of things with N, I completely forgot all the preschool prep for T. We will be dropping forms by the peds office this morning! Have a great weekend! 

No comments :

Post a Comment