Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Cheesy Pasta

This is T's absolute favorite meal. He will ask for it morning, noon, and night. It probably gets as excited about cheesy pasta for dinner as he does about making cookies. I like this dish because it's crazy easy to create. I found the original recipe on Sugar and Spice

T likes to help add the butter, cream and cheese.

Here's how I make it (which is honestly quite similar):
8 oz of Orzo
1 bunch of asparagus (trimmed and cut into half inch pieces)
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 c parmesan
1/2 c heavy cream

  • Boil a pot of water and add the orzo. 
  • After five minutes throw in the asparagus. 
  • Drain after another five minutes, and place back into pot.
  • Add butter and parmesan, mixing until combined.
  • Add cream, and mix.

That's it! You're done. I have substituted many veggies - peas, broccoli, chopped spinach - they are eaten every time. I would definitely prefer whole wheat orzo, but I have yet to find that. 

This is also a school lunch staple for T. In a super cool Spiderman Thermos. 

No comments :

Post a Comment