Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Weekend Review

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I feel like we are slowly feeling the return of school coming on. We went back to school shopping Saturday morning for the first time ever. And now there is a HUGE pile of school supplies sitting in my dining room, ready for the first day. Last week N had his 6 year old check up. He was so nervous until he learned there weren't shots or a finger prick this visit. Then he was all smiles.
 Lots of bike riding has been happening. I've removed N's training wheels but it's still a struggle to balance (I haven't let go of him yet). This is picture is before the wheel removal on Sunday.
 My sweet niece turned 2 this weekend. She lives far away and of course I saw this card after I'd sent her gift. It is the sweetest card. We just had a Papyrus store open, maybe I should check it out and stock up for the next birthdays coming up.
 We've been going on short walks around dinner recently. Sometimes it's just me and N. We have real conversations, which is something new and I love it.
We also attending a surprise 30th birthday party with the boys. We stayed out way past bedtime and they were the only kids there (with no toys), but they were great. They played in the yard with the dog, chased fireflies and told one too many knock knock jokes. I was pretty proud of them (and realized a few manners we could work on as well). 


2 comments :

  1. I always loved when I got to go pick out new school supplies for the year :) and the finger pricks were the absolute worst.

    www.itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The finger pricks are terrible (and do they them a lot when you're pregnant - good thing he doesn't have to worry about that :) ).

      Delete