Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekend Review

 I hope everyone had a great weekend! Ours was a little different than expected. We had hoped to head to the beach Thursday for a quick summer vacation, but a family emergency sent my husband out of town and left me with the boys for the next few days. We kept ourselves entertained and our family in our prayers.  

 We had back to school haircuts. Neither of my boys was thrilled with the idea of a hair cut, but I treated them to lunch out afterwards, which I think made up for it.


We had breakfast on the patio, which is a favorite of theirs. It was a bit chilly - N wanted to get his winter coat and I wrapped myself in a blanket. We stayed out all morning and I enjoyed FOUR cups of coffee.


We headed to the playground that afternoon. My time with N on playgrounds is going to be so limited after tomorrow. We tried to fit in everything he wanted to do this week!

Our sweet old dog enjoyed some attention and a walk. 

Dad returned late Saturday night so we slept in instead of heading to church. I'd promised the boys a picnic by the lake, so we made it a breakfast picnic. They were so excited to have daddy back!

We ended the weekend playing in the backyard and grilling out. The weather was perfect.
 There was a bit of goofiness too.

 Tomorrow N heads off to kindergarten. I will be a mess (I know because I'm already a mess). He's excited but nervous (and we're still arguing over buses and cafeteria lunches).

No comments :

Post a Comment