Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Favorite Back to School Book Choices

As a teacher, I became acquainted with quite a few of these books. When N headed off to preschool, I had a chance to experience the books in a different way - as the parent. N loved preschool, each an every minute, however he is feeling a few nerves about starting kindergarten. And I'm feeling more than just a few nerves about him starting. Here's our back to school choices:

amazon
This one gets me every time. And the past two years, N's school has had us send in "kissing hands". Maybe I'll throw one in his lunch for the first day next week.

amazon
This is by far N's favorite. He LOVES reading it anytime. 

amazon
While this one isn't so much about starting school, both my boys enjoy this one and it has a few reminders about good school behavior.
amazon
I just ordered this one since my little guy is off to kindergarten! I've read it, but I thought it would be a nice surprise to own it before he heads off. 
I've never read or heard of this one, but I did order it (and it will be here today). It looks really cute and who can resist the rhyming structure!
My boys love this story about a dog going to show and tell!
One of all time favorites, definitely one to giggle through. 

I'll be pulling these out next Sunday and Monday (or maybe before). If only there were sweet books like these for mommies who aren't ready for their little loves to head off quite yet.

No comments :

Post a Comment