Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Are you Ready for Mother's Day?

Mother's Day is Sunday!! Ack! With Easter being so late, I'm completely off my game. We are switching things up this year with our usual brunch plans changing and hopefully it will still be a wonderful day. I have yet to purchase a gift for my mom, grandmother, or mother in law. I've seen things and thought, "oh that would be great" and yet I have nothing. Here are a few gifts that I have caught my eye.

Only the smallest bird is available online, and I can't remember if I saw these in store. My mom loves plants, which made me think these would be perfect.

West Elm Rewined Candles
I purchased one of these as a birthday gift and I've become a little obsessed with them. They are wine bottles turned into candles, each with a specific scent associated with a wine type. They smell amazing.

Target Chevron Frame
My mom always wants pictures of the boys, and since we just had pictures done I think I'll gift her one or two. I'm not a chevron fan, but I love this frame. Target frames always catch my eye.

This bangle has been mentioned on a few blogs already and I LOVE it (my mom only wears silver which is why I picked it over gold).
I also love this Lilly bangle set (maybe for me more than for a mother I need to purchase a gift for - oops). 

Usually Chris purchases a new dress for me and gives it to me the week before in case it needs alterations. He has great style and I always love wearing what he picked out to our Mother's Day brunch. This year, I'm huge, so I'm guessing there won't be a dress. I have fallen in love with these two totes (madewell, splendid). Honestly I'm more day dreaming because the Splendid tote is sold out.

What are you purchasing for your mother/grandmother this year? And any ideas on what you'll be receiving? 





2 comments :

  1. Oh, great ideas! I love those bracelets and the Madewell bags. I'm really just hoping for a lot of sleep, some hot coffee and some really amazing donuts for Mother's Day. But I'd happily accept any of these gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so behind on Mother's day gifts- you think since this is my first mother's day I would be better about appreciating my mom and grandmother- but I totally forgot! Thanks for the idea of the framed pictures- don't know why I didn't think of that!! I know my mom and grandma will love it.

    ReplyDelete