Friday, May 16, 2014

Five on Friday

Happy Friday! I am so glad the weekend is here, or just Friday maybe. We had two days of waking up crazy early (which is probably normal for most people, except Chris who wakes at like 5am, to him we slept in). On Tuesday we had 8 cubic yards of playground mulch delivered before 7am.

And on Thursday the boys at dentist appointments before school and quite a ways away with traffic (oh traffic how I hate you).  We had about fifteen minutes before school so we stopped for doughnuts after a tear-free visit (it’s never happened, and they even used the suction on N – progress people!).
T’s school was delayed because of loss of power (there were crazy thunderstorms on Thursday morning, perfect for setting the mood for the dentist), which meant I did a little begging for him to attend “Special Person Day” at N’s school with me.  N has 17 days of kindergarten left – 17! I can’t wait for summer, but can he please just go back to kindergarten. This whole growing up thing is hard.


So how about a super random Five on Friday!

1.  Serena and Lily is 20% off (code VIP20), which makes me really really want to order the pillow I’ve been eyeing for the nursery. I still haven’t ordered it! And while we are mentioning the nursery, I still need a book basket, a floor lamp and shade.


2. My favorite cosmetic database has an app (I never knew it!). I use this website to pick lotion and products for the boys as well as myself.

3.  On Pinterest a few years ago I saw an idea where you purchase “Oh The Places You’ll Go” and each year have your child’s teacher sign it.  I’ve done this with N and I am starting it with T. I figure once they are in middle school, I’ll have their favorite teachers sign instead of all of their teachers. I always tear up reading the sweet words written.


4.  I purchased this book for KC and now want to give it, and the others, to every baby I know.  We also picked up a Sophie (such a must for us with T) so I feel like things are almost complete for her (I should probably pack a bag soon).



5. And school just called to say N might have pink eye! I noticed it was red and crusty this morning but I've never seen pink eye before so I wasn't sure. Honestly, I'm glad his not super sick and we get an extra day together. I sent this pic of his eye out this morning for diagnosis, and I can't get over how sweet and babylike his almost 7 year old face looks!

And linking up with Natasha at Hello Happiness for Five on Friday! First timer here!

No comments :

Post a Comment