Friday, May 30, 2014

Five on Friday


What a crazy week! It has been busy and I have to admit each morning I wake up I'm more and more grateful for another great night of sleep. Both my boys arrived the day after they were due so Chris is convinced she is coming today (I'm not quite as sure). Since I've made it past 40 weeks three times now I thought I perfect Five on Friday would be five GREAT things about making it past your due date (sorry I've shared most of these pictures before - first two are from my favorite photographer, Tracey at Bower Studio)!
 1. You hear from friends daily. I love receiving all the texts and emails checking in. It makes me literally see how loved this little gal is already. 
 2. Where a month ago people told you how large you were ("wow you still have a month to go" "looks like that baby is due anytime now", once you tell people it's your due date all the sudden you are magically smaller than before ("you look amazing" "I can't believe you're due").
 3. Every night of great sleep and every meal eaten without interruption is appreciated more and more. I don't even mind getting up once a night because I know in a few more days I'll be up every two hours. 
 4. Falling asleep, skipping chores, are all excused because you are so pregnant (I think it counts as the 10 month right?). Even my boys ask if they can pick something off the floor or sweep. 
5. I have a lot of heartburn so treats and milkshakes are a daily must (in addition to my summer time favorite of frozen grapes). The boys are loving this right now - no wonder N wants a lot more siblings.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Maybe we'll have a baby (or not - either way I'm looking on the bright side). 

Linking up with my favorite Five on Friday ladies again this week!


2 comments :

  1. agh Good Luck! I hope you have a baby this weekend!!!! So exciting. You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your positive outlook on going past your due date! And s'mores are my fav!! Here's to meeting your sweet girl soon!

    ReplyDelete