Friday, May 23, 2014

Five on Friday

Happy Friday!! It's the best time of the year with beautiful weather and the excitement of summer. I hope everyone is looking forward to a long weekend. Do you have Memorial Day plans? We don't usually have plans, but I feel like we should do something patriotic. 


Some things on my Five on Friday list (random of course because that is the best I can do these days - my mind is swallowed by completely random things that don't connect) - 

1. I am in LOVE with the new FreshlyPicked Carryalls! I really really wanted the Madewell Transport Tote for a diaper bag this time because I thought it would last long after the diaper stage was over, but it's not lined and I knew I'd ruin it with a water bottle or sippy cup. I settled on another Madewell style, but it still has the tags on just in case I change my mind.

2. Have you heard of bumperless or complete crib sheets? I hadn't until last week a friend of mine mentioned them. They are adorable, the sides of the sheet are different so it looks like a bumper. My friend chose her own fabrics and mailed them off to an etsy seller (not sure if it's the one I shared, but I liked her picture). We used a bumper with both boys (I took it out when N was a baby and his legs kept getting stuck, so I put it back in), but this time I think we'll try it without again. 


3. I realize this is called a hamper, but honestly for us it is way too small to be a hamper. But I love it, it would be a great storage time for blocks, cars, legos, so many items. The functionality of it is what I love, the holes become the handles when you want to move it! AND it's on sale!!

4. KC's dresser still lacks knobs. I found some great anthro-like ones at Hobby Lobby, but just wasn't sold. I keep planning on painting the old ones to match the new dresser color, but haven't yet. I really love this DIY project and may just have to try it when I finally do finish the knobs.

5. Dressing after a baby is quite a challenge. I usually buy some cheap shorts and tees a few sizes larger and feel like a slob. This time it will be different. I love these elastic Lilly shorts and they would go great with a tee or tank. It's so hard when you are exhausted, hormonal and feel like you look terrible. I am trying to be prepared to handle at least one aspect of the after baby drama differently!

So my random, mostly baby related Friday Five! I'm going to attempt to link up with Natasha, April, Darci, and Christina once again. I hope I can take charge of my brain at some point soon (I even drove to the wrong practice last week, and then drove the wrong way to art class)! Have a wonderful Memorial Day.

1 comment :