Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Weekend Review


Happy Tuesday! Phew the weekend flew even with an extra day with kiddos off from school. I mentioned Friday that N was sent home with pink eye. We dropped T at art class and headed to Target for a prescription. I've been eyeing this poof for the boys room. But I'm not quite sure how it would work. 


Since we had a free day I took the boys to lunch and then for frozen yogurt. Honestly I'd been craving it for awhile, but I can totally say I did it for the kids. It may have worked out well to have a cold treat, because when we arrived home we noticed the air was out!

T had his last soccer game Saturday morning. He even scored his first goal! I missed it to take N to his best friend's birthday party, but both boys definitely had a great Saturday morning.

Preggo mommy struck again with the need for ice cream. The boys were once again thrilled (and the air was still out so any I'll take any excuse to cool off - even if the high was only in the 70s).

With plenty of mulch now under our new playset the boys were free to play and spent most of Saturday here.


Sunday we taught T's class for the last time before getting some nursery items taken care of (and a bag partially packed). Here's a sneak peek of the nursery with the art the boys and I created for above crib. I wanted it hung high so it would be harder to knock off the wall (and if I showed you the three pages of math we did to have them placed there you'd never guess one of us went to a magnet school for math and the other is a numbers person). And I probably should have edited the picture just a little, the room looks so dark!

I hope everyone had a great weekend (and Monday)! I spent yesterday talking to HVAC professionals and trying to get in errands. Today we are having new systems put in so that hopefully when it hits 90 tomorrow the cool air will be flowing (if you remember this winter, our furnace broke on more than one occasion - so we are done, it is time for a new system completely). I am very thankful this little lady has yet to make her appearance (and that is was only in the 70s this weekend). 


2 comments :

  1. I love the art!! I can't wait to see the nursery. Ice cream is always a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this preggo mommy now wants ice cream too! Maybe we'll have to go out for a special treat after dinner tonight. Love the art in the nursery! You guys did a great job with that.

    ReplyDelete