Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Nursery

I wanted to document the nursery, even in it's unfinished state, before KC arrives. I took a few photos last week, on a much too sunny day, but it works for me (and a few later with my phone). The nursery was supposed to be mainly gender neutral and use as much as possible from our last nursery. Something I discovered though - things wear out! Some of our nursery items and some of our baby items completely bit the dust for this baby. And then, there was a whole part were I purchased a lot of pink things. It is in no way finished (the drawers are still missing knobs, I have yet to locate a lamp, and there are quite a few other items) but it is still my favorite room in the house.

Here is where my idea started for the nursery:

Then it evolved to this (my green items from the boys' nursery did not match the paint I choose for the dresser, so the green was nixed):

And here is where we are today (I am in no way a photographer):



At this point while I love the stripe, I wish I'd gone with a neutral chair - although the stripes do disguise spots rather well). The star pillow is one that my college roommate and I made when she visited after N was born - it's busting seams but I love it.
I am also searching for a lamp for behind the chair.

 I love the mirror (a Target find!) and basket (a Home Goods find). I'd love to replace the lamp - but again using things from previous nurseries. Still trying to decide on knobs, or just paint the ones I have. 

This is by far my favorite spot in the room. I love the dresses on display, the monogram (a free printable) and the flower hooks (anthro). I may add more frames or just leave it. I do need a ribbon for the second hanger though!

Hopefully these will be two of my last belly pictures this time! The left we'll call 40 weeks (tomorrow!) and the right is 39 weeks. This is one stubborn little lady who is not conforming to my plans, so who knows there may end up being a 41 week pic.

This sweet dog of ours will not leave my side. Maybe we should have named her Lassie.

I took the boys for hair cuts yesterday. They are ready to meet their sister and spend the summer together. They even ask to read their bedtime stories in the nursery each night.



3 comments :

  1. It is beautiful! I know you are getting excited. The dresses are precious. I love the star pillow too. My favorite though, is the art above the crib.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nursery! I love that art over the crib- hopefully little miss decides to make her appearance sooner rather than later. Love the dresser too- is that a hand me down or new? I'm hoping to put a dresser like that in the new baby's room and have it double as a changing table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your nursery!!! The pics above the crib are so pretty & the dresses are so sweet! And you look great! Hope you get to meet your little lady soon :)

    ReplyDelete