Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday Finds

Did you have a great first day of spring?! The weather was perfect here. N had a fundraiser at school that was an hour of running to music and through inflatable arches, so I'd say he had a good day. T had preschool and then we stayed on the playground for two hours after, he even made sand angels in the sandbox, so I'll call that a win for him. I picked up these beauties and ran into a friend:
So I'll call it a win for me and KC as well.
(Unfortunately Chris was in the office all day and night, so maybe not a great start to spring for him, although I did wake up to have breakfast with him at 6am.)

I'm actually kind of silly excited about these Friday Finds:

First up: I read this post by Blue Eyed Bride and really loved the idea behind it. I decided to try it as I am very guilty of rushing through bedtime to get to the quiet time for myself after a hectic day. My boys have been sleeping until I wake them at 8am since daylight savings time, so I set my alarm for 6:30 the first day. I was up, reading a devotion and within 10 minutes T opened the door to come sit. 15 minutes later N joined us. By our usual wake up time we'd finished a puzzle, had breakfast, made lunches, and practiced piano - not to mention we were all dressed and ready for the day. The next day I set my alarm for 6am, within 10 minutes again both boys were with me. And once again we had library books read, piano practice finished, breakfast, made lunches, even had a little tiny tots basketball game. So while I didn't get any more "me" time, I did get quality time. (And I'm sure my kids must now have some monitoring device for my sleeping habits.)

Second: Have you seen Tea's new arrivals? I'm usually not such a HUGE Tea fanatic (I mean I always like them) but goodness they have drawn me in again. Here are some highlights:
(Tea is perfect for my skinny guys - even the elastic waist shorts work on N)

The first dress is a maxi (but only in bigger sizes, it's regular length in smaller sizes). It's gorgeous! And the baby versions of the rest of these dresses with a diaper cover are crazy cute.

These are baby girl items but they have the prints in dresses in big girls as well. I love Tea bubbles for babies, they are so soft. If the dress on the right came in 0-3 months, little KC would be wearing it to a wedding we are going to in July. It's stunning!

This idea from Vogue Australia (I think) with what looks like fabric covered balloons would be so cute at a birthday party or baby shower!

 The warmer weather has me looking for awesome summer activities, and well how cool does this look:
It's a Water Blob from Homemade Toast (instructions here). It looks like so much fun and I can only imagine all the games that could be played on it.

Super happy weekend everyone! Any fun plans? We have soccer practice and a t-ball game before visiting family for dinner. We had planned to paint the nursery, but I think it will have to wait a couple weeks. Nothing like waiting till the last minute!










2 comments :