Monday, March 17, 2014

Weekend Review

Happy Monday and St. Patrick's Day! I'll be perfectly honest and say we do absolutely nothing for St. Patrick's Day - however it seems to be a big deal around here. The leprechaun visits classrooms, soda bread is made in multiple batches, and gold coins are at a premium. I'm sure my kids enjoy their teachers taking the time to make it special (because I'm such a slacker). 

I hope everyone had a great weekend and maybe had a little warm weather. Saturday was warm and sunny here and started out with a little breakfast and baseball. N has been asking for a mommy/son breakfast date but Chris has been working so it hasn't happened yet, but soon! He is the sweetest little guy.
 He did such a great job listening at practice (and remembered so much from last fall). I was so proud of him.
 Our yard was full of kids Saturday afternoon (until the neighbors blew up their bounce house, then their yard was full of kids - including ours). We had a late lunch and then took frozen yogurt to a little park in the area. I didn't regulate N's toppings and next time will. Gross (his has the chocolate and the frogs)!


 T is not handling the time change well. I think I'll have to purchase some black out curtains or a shade for the boys room. There were lots of tears this weekend. 
Sunday was a wet and rainy day. We taught T's Sunday School class (we had a party for the return of the prodigal son - balloons are always such a hit for young ones - it was perfect for a rainy day). Granny visited for lunch and there was some daddy playtime before bed. Both my guys slept past 8 this morning! 

I hope you are looking forward to a great week! 

2 comments :

  1. Oh, daylight savings time. I remember it always used to throw me off quite a bit when I was a kid too. Hope you guys are adjusting! :) Now I want Fro Yo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun weekend...I love little kid sports!!

    ReplyDelete