Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Dino-Mite 1st Birthday

Blogger officially must hate me as it deleted this post instead of publishing it! And having a friend at Google is not helping me with my difficulties :). 

With T's birthday in two weeks, I'm really enjoying looking back at his previous parties we've had at home. This first birthday party was a small playgroup get together with activities geared more towards the older siblings in the group (although everyone had fun). 

These were favors as well as part of the games. The masks are from Oriental Trading and the buckets are from the dollar store.
Favors were books, Time Train for the older kids, and How Does a Dinosaur.. books for the younger kids.

We had a dinosaur egg hunt (I ordered a ton of eggs filled with dinosaurs from Oriental Trading)

I painted boxes brown and added labels for each kid along with "Fragile" and "Handle with Care" signs. Each box was filled with sand and a dozen dinosaurs. The kids used their shovels and buckets to collect them (and then climbed in the boxes themselves).

Finally we had a dinosaur walk with dino tunes. It was a hit (and so easy to prep).

Cake and pizza were a hit as well. 
I can't believe this little guy will be 4 in two weeks and a big brother not too long after. 

1 comment :

  1. What a fun and original theme! The cake was adorable

    ReplyDelete