Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekend Review

Happy Monday!! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was busy and I took a ton of pics (the weather was beautiful which just makes everything seem better). I always like to start the weekend with Friday, so here we go:

T and I started out the weekend with a mommy/son workout. I pull out this stuff a few times a week and this time he was so excited to see an extra mat. When I told him it was daddy's he asked why daddy never used it (this is where I laughed so hard I stopped working out). Then when I wouldn't let him use my weights, he ran to the kitchen to get a surprise (I was preparing to tell him he couldn't have a snack). He ran back in with ice cream cone holders! Silly guy!
It was really cold on Friday. T and I were the "mystery reader" in N's class and we snuck him out early so he wouldn't have to ride the bus home in the rain. We had hot chocolate and marshmallows the minute we arrived home and then the boys got to work creating masterpieces. 

Grandpa and Grandma drove down late Friday night because an ice and snow storm knocked out power to their house (the schools are still out there because of power issues). We shopped it up Saturday morning with some Tea purchases and spent the afternoon outdoors.


 T threw a fit no one would carry him back to our house from the cul-de-sac (N eventually picked him up, which was ridiculous and sweet all at the same time). It is a full three houses away.
 We had a playgroup Mardi Gras party Saturday night. We don't get together often, but it is fun when we do. Our playgroup met when N and his buddies were in Gymboree together at 18 months (the boys just gravitated to each other) and since then they have always had a blast. And the little ones just tag along (and soon there will be two new little ones too).
A Mardi Gras party and time change had me a little worried about getting the boys up extra early to visit a friend's church for their son's baptism (not to mention the Carolina loss, Chris and I stayed up for). The boys had never been in a tradition church service (we attend a contemporary and they never actually come with us either). I could not have been more impressed by their behavior. They were great. After the service we headed to our friend's house for a brunch and once again the boys were exceptional. The sermon was on noticing the small blessings, and well I think we'll just call the morning a small blessing.
Then the afternoon was bike rides (I'm starting to think at least 50% of my pictures are of my kids on bikes).


 Warm weather means frozen yogurt, below is T's most disgusting concoction (cookies and cream, orange and peanut butter with reesie's pieces, cups, and gummy bears).


 A little hammock time before some backyard baseball.
 And the most important part of practice, if you catch a ball daddy swings you around. 
After a bath, the boys went to sleep in record time (especially with the time change). Today we will be catching up on things that didn't quite get done (like grocery shopping) and N has his first official t-ball practice (Saturday's was canceled from all the rain messing up the fields).

I hope everyone got a dose of sunshine this weekend and is looking forward to a great week ahead! 

No comments :

Post a Comment