Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Birthday Shoes, Help Me Out Please!

T has apparently decided that Grandma's number is a hotline for requesting birthday presents. Each time he talks to her, he gives a long list of items he would like. Please tell me where I can find a remote controlled robot! He doesn't ask for much but this one is from left field. 

I'm pretty proud of the fact I've convinced the kids that necessities make great gifts (bookbags, lunchboxes, shoes) however I feel slightly at risk of creating sneaker heads because they light up at the suggestion of new shoes. I won't lie, I love picking new shoes for them as well. 

Chris and I are divided on which to purchase for T this birthday. I usually pick their favorite colors. T loves dark blue, red, and orange.  Here's what I'm deciding between:

or in blue
(The laces may drive me insane, but darn they are cute)


(Chris' choice, because they are UT colors)

T currently wears these, which he received for Christmas. While they are cute and easy to wear, they are looking rough after almost daily wear.



Which do you think? (and what will I do when I have to pick girl shoes too!?)

Also, did you see Birkenstocks are on crewcuts sites? I don't know if I can handle them coming back. What do you think? I do love the look of these (they remind me of Teva's, which crewcuts also carries, in a style slightly different from my youth).

1 comment :

  1. Go for velcro, the tie shoe just aren't worth it:) I just ordered my 3 kids Crocs for summer and Lego crocs for the 4 year old and I'm pretty sure he won't take them off until next winter!

    ReplyDelete