Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Recent Finds

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone has started the week off well. After having an extra set of hands last week, Monday went surprisingly well (although Chris did keep calling last week vacation, which I had to correct him - paternity leave is very different from vacation. It's not all Lego building and snocones)

I feel like I haven't shopped in ages, although we did make it to the mall last week for the Nordstrom sale (and Anthro too - if only all the baby weight was gone). Even my online shopping time is extremely limited (Chris is probably grateful for that). But with that said, here are a few recent finds:

I LOVE aden + anais swaddling blankets! KC just stopped being swaddled, but before then, these were the perfect size for swaddling. I love that they teamed up with crewcuts (not that they didn't have adorable designs already). I will say the bamboo cotton is much softer, which I'm not sure if these are bamboo cotton.

I'm just going to say it - the Nordstrom sale wasn't that great for kids. The one exception - kids' shoes.



Hanna Andersson is offering 20% off jeans and cords. These were my favorite jeans of N's last year and I'll be buying more. The girls are a skinny jean version (and I love the yellow for fall). Tights are on sale too!






I'll be ordering Goodnight Mr. Darcy August 1st. Here's a part of the description from amazon (I seriously cannot wait to read it all, obviously this is more for my entertainment than my kids):
All of Austen’s much-loved characters are at the Netherfield Ball. In the great ballroom, there was a country dance, and a well-played tune, and Elizabeth Bennett; and Mr. Darcy surprised, by a pair of fine eyes . . . And don’t forget Jane with a blush and Mr. Bingley turned to mush, and a gossiping mother and father saying hush. 



3 comments :

  1. Seriously? I'm going to DEFINITELY have to add Goodnight Mr Darcy to our bookshelves and reading lists!! SO fun!! I love introducing the classics!! Not to mention, Goodnight Moon was one of Lily's favorites for a while because of the "meow meow" she found in the book! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i agree. I didn't find anything for my son from the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. Those are some cute shoe finds though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness..must find Goodnight Mr. Darcy! Funny story, Bryce and I talk about baby names sometime and know we want to continue the Bennett middle name with one of our daughters. Elizabeth is another family name and we thought how beautiful that would be- Elizabeth Bennett, then I realized our daughter would be named after a Jane Austen character if we picked that one! Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books, but that might be taking it a bit too far, haha!

    ReplyDelete