Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Weekend Review

Technically this is not a weekend review. Last week was insane and we did nothing this weekend (I seriously would have slept all day Sunday if I could have). Instead, I'll tell you about our crazy VBS week. First of all, I don't recommend signing up for VBS with a two week old and a 40 minute drive (although I did think she would be a month old). We definitely made the best of the week. There is a lot to do in the area and we planned accordingly (and KC and I enjoyed brunch, coffee shops, and quiet walks while the boys had a blast at VBS).

Monday was our trial day. We made it on time, I nursed KC in the nursery before heading out to Starbucks where I ordered, sat down to write in the kids' journals, only to realize I did not have pen. So I caught up on blogs instead because at that point carrying a car seat, a coffee and my bag back to the car for a pen wasn't happening.

Eventually things went smoother. We made it to the splash park with a picnic lunch after VBS one day. T had his first drop off playdate another day. We had lunch at a friend's restaurant near by and KC and I enjoyed walking the hood each day and grabbing coffee. 

I also found the van to be our home away from home. One day I counted that I'd nursed her 4 times in the back (thank you tinted windows) and I'd collected 5 dirty diapers.






Working on tummy time is a hit with everyone.

The boys beg to pick out her clothes each morning. T's choice was pretty cute.

Love a church with a sense of humor!

I could walk this neighborhood all day. It is my dream neighborhood. 



We were definitely sad to see VBS end but we all needed a rest.
 Especially because on Friday everyone was up before 5:30! It gave us time for coffee and bagels though!
I hope everyone had a great weekend and Monday! Happy July!

oh - Zulily has some adorable smocked items today!

2 comments :

  1. You guys are so busy! I love it though. Baby girl is absolutely gorgeous! Mac is going to nursery school summer camp a few days in July and this makes me so excited for it. I think he'll really like it and I'm hoping it completely wears him out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go mama!! Sounds like things went well. That neighborhood looks like my dream too.

    ReplyDelete