Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thoughts for Thursday

Hello Thursday! This week has flown by and we honestly have done absolutely nothing (except a doctor's appointment and dropping off N at a playdate). It has been slightly amazing. Weekends are so busy (especially holiday weekends) that this week has really made me appreciate a slower pace, extra snuggles, and two little boys who adore each other.

Today I'm linking up with Annie and Natalie for Thoughts for Thursday.
Thoughts for Thursday

First off, all the fall items in stores is a total bummer! I LOVE summer and it is going by so quickly. With a little guy in elementary school we lose a whole month of summer time (two weeks in August and two weeks in May/June). We have a list of everything we want to do and it will sadly not all will get done - but my boys are happy which is all that matters. 
I'll say it - I HATE FALL!!


With it being half way through summer, N has a birthday in 10 days!! In 10 short days he will be 7. Break my heart! We are going the super easy party road and doing laser tag and a game room at a place a loathe (I'm guessing someone will get pink eye). I need to get my act together one this event.
July 2008 (1 year!)
(June 2014 - almost 7)
Photos from Bower Studio

I wished I had ordered personalized stationary for KC (and now N) for thank you notes. Instead I used this website to print personalized ones for her (and maybe I need to for N when he needs thank yous after his birthday). I also used it for the monogram in her room. 

I just ordered these for me from TheSisterStudio on Etsy. (I like to concentrate on the important things like personalized stationary when I have a million other things to think about).

On a slightly different note, KC has the worst case of baby acne! Her ped said it was actually eczema, but either way it looks terrible (like painful). The boys haven't said a single word about it. I can't help think what if her poor skin looks like this in the teenage years, and how kids can be so cruel. But then my boys at 7 and 4 haven't noticed or changed their behavior. They still kiss her sweet face and love on her just as much. Please let them always be soo sweet and accepting. 

Have a great Thursday! 



4 comments :

  1. My son had awful eczema as a baby. We tried everything under the sun and I hated using steroids. But I discovered this lotion called California Baby (they sell it at Target). They make an eczema cream and I swear by it! My son's skin cleared up and whenever he has a slight flair up, I dab it on and it's gone in no time!

    www.taffetaandtulips.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the link up. Thanks monogrammed stationery is awesome!! it's the little things that bring a smile to our faces :-)

    www.itsagirlgirlworld.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saying hello from the link up. I am with you about hating seeing fall in the stores. I mean can we just enjoy summer a little while longer?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually love fall but I'm never ready to see all the fall stuff in the stores when it comes out in JULY AND AUGUST. It's way too early!! Hope your sweet girls skin clears up soon. I know it's always harder for us to look at than them!!

    ReplyDelete