Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Boys' Room: The Book Nook

I started working on the boys' room last September and shared my vision in this post. In January we had the room painted, beds were moved, and the dresser was purchased (small picture in this post). We still have quite a bit to do, but this week we finally installed their book shelf. This is quite possibly my favorite book shelf ever. The only change I would make would be to make it larger - wider not deeper. 
We purchased this one from Pottery Barn Kids:

And here is how it turned out!

We placed these bins (also from Pottery Barn Kids) under N's bed with more of their books in them. We have books everywhere in our house but honestly not all of them need to be displayed. (The solid color bins are on sale for $19.99)
One reason I love this bookshelf so much is that it's thin (just over 5" deep) and our rooms are small (about 10x10) so it allows a lot of floor space, but holds quite a few books. I also love that it is a magazine style rack. I've always found it impossible to find a book using a bookshelf that only exposes the spine (especially with thin paperback books). With this shelf, it's easier to flip through the books to find the perfect one. We purchased the 4 shelf, but there is also a 3 shelf (our 4 shelf will require the boys use a stool to reach the top).
 All our favorite books are prominently displayed.

 I do have to mention, if you are local to Charlotte, the SouthPark Pottery Barn Kids store has the BEST customer service. They have helped me with many purchases and returns, whether in store or calling to place an order (at 40 weeks pregnant they two day shipped the nursery curtains that were online only when I had only called to have them shipped to the store). I purchased our crib in white, then changed my mind and had it returned - it was a breeze. It makes shopping there so easy which may be one reason we keep going back (and I do like the quality of their products). 
The book nook is definitely one of my favorite parts of the room. We still have a long way to go, but I am loving the boys' room more and more (and they are too).

No comments :

Post a Comment