Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Family Pictures & How I Chose Our Photographer

A couple weeks ago we had our annual spring pictures done by our favorite photographer - Tracey at Bower Studio. We found Tracey for N's 1 year pictures and after that I knew our search was over (we tried maybe 4 before meeting her and I really wish I'd met her sooner). Today I'm sharing our most recent pictures by Tracey along with my tips for finding the perfect photographer.

 1. Style is so important when it comes to photography! I love pictures of babies in neat poses and dressed up in tutus, but it isn't necessarily my style (but I seriously could look at them all day). It was important to me to find a photographer who knew I wanted my kids, in all their craziness, front and center. Simple, unaccessorized photos are definitely a reflection of our family.


  2. Make sure it is someone you feel comfortable around, otherwise the pictures will look uncomfortable. For me, having my picture taken is uncomfortable enough - I don't need anything else to add to it. Our photographer Tracey has two boys of her own and I never feel like my kids surprise her with their behavior (be it crazy or otherwise). 



  3. Timeless is priceless, well maybe not priceless, but let me explain. When Chris and I were married he told me the most expensive item should be our photographer because photos are the one thing we will have forever. We still believe that with photos of our family throughout the years. In the beginning I was excited to find a deal, until I met Tracey (then I was excited because I found a great photographer). Her degree is in art and her career has been pictures. This is not a second job or a hobby. She definitely isn't the most expensive photographer in town, but I believe we get what we pay for.


Is there anything you would add to the list? We are getting ready for a year of photos with our future little gal (we usually do newborn, 3 month, 6 month, 9 month and a year sessions).

No comments :

Post a Comment