Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Weekend Review + Deals

A day late, but here it is - our weekend. It was super sports filled which is such a new world to me. I feel like I never saw it coming. What happened to those sweet little babies I had! Now they are making plays and learning new sports (as well as piano and art - we try to keep them well rounded).

Friday, T had his usual art class and soccer practice (he even napped in the afternoon - unheard of and I took full advantage). Saturday bright and early, Chris and N left the house for breakfast and some practice before the day's game. This is also rather new, taking two cars places and not having my babies in the car with me. Even Chris said it felt weird to split up. T was so upset that daddy left, he put on his entire soccer uniform and asked if we could pick up bagels through the drive thru and go to the field. Which we did. 

N had a great game. He has grown so much since last spring when he first started. Another mom sent me some photos from the game (T and I had to leave early to make it to his first soccer game).

T was so excited for his first game. N asked him who he was playing last week and T said "I think we're playing the defense team." Obviously there is a long way to go.
 The teams gathered for a prayer before the game (this is our first time in a church league for a sport and I really like this tradition). Chris and N made it right when the game started which was perfect. Otherwise it would be the story of the poor second child whose dad missed his first game. 


T's favorite part was the water break. He also tells people that the game was fun and the other team was fast "and beat me." He was also confused as to why there was only one ball on the field when everyone has a ball during practice.

Other than sports, the rest of the weekend was playing outside. We had planned on family pictures, but a rescheduling was needed. Hopefully I won't get too much bigger before we reschedule. I hope everyone had a great weekend (and Monday). N announced yesterday morning he was so excited for Friday because Friday starts SPRING BREAK!! 

Also a few sale notes - 
My favorite PBK beach towels are on sale for $20 with free shipping. 

Plan Toys is on Rue La La, need an invite click here. If we had know about Rue La La (or if it existed) when N was little, maybe he would have had the Chalet House - it was just a little too pricey at our local toy store.

Check out Caycee's blog Hanging with the Hewitts for a great discount and giveaway on Little English!

I'm always looking for baskets to corral items and right now Target has buy one get one 30% off. I love this basket, $29.99 (and it comes in other sizes too).

Happy Shopping!!






2 comments :

  1. I just bought that basket for Mim's nursery! I love it! I didn't get it on sale though, boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water break was always my favorite part of the game too ;)

    The PBKids towels are so cute. I really have to resist the elephant one!

    ReplyDelete