Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekend Review

Happy Monday! We are on spring break so I'm a little behind this morning (but for good reason - cinnamon rolls and fresh fruit). Did everyone have a good weekend? It flew by here, and we are exhausted! 
Friday involved a quick doctor appointment for me (and my buddy T came along zooming cars along the floor at my doctor's foot), art class, a lunch date with N at school before signing him out early (he had a sub and so far they'd watched a movie, had "free draw," and played outside - I had no reservations pulling him out to ride bikes on a beautiful day with his brother) and then soccer practice and dinner with daddy. 
 The busy days kept coming with Chris and I having to split up for games Saturday morning. It always feels weird when we aren't together on a weekend. 
We met back up for lunch and headed home to get down to the business of painting the nursery - it finally happened! We had some help priming. 
Sunday we were up early for pictures. There's a sneak peak here. I can't wait to see how they turned out. The boys were crazy and there were inch worms crawling EVERYWHERE. Half the fun was seeing where we'd find them crawling on us.

We were back to painting Sunday afternoon (well technically Chris painted). I love Sherwin-Williams Emerald Paint (and all the help the staff there can give). I can't make decisions, but I narrowed it down to 4 whites. The associate was able to talk us through the different whites and the room the color was going in. We settled on Dover White, and we both love it (I have NEVER wanted to paint a room white before, so I was a little surprised to love it).
N had practice at church for the Easter drama. He is Peter and when I told him his part, he asked if that was "Peter Rabbit." Hopefully yesterday's practice cleared up that he is not playing a bunny. 
We ended the weekend grilling out veggies and pineapple and making s'mores. It was the perfect evening. 
 Before bed, we checked out the drying paint and T snuggled up with Chris. It's a little bittersweet making a new nursery and thinking of how long it's been since the boys have been in a nursery. T said he thought KC would like the new nursery because it's cute. Which is funny since it's covered in plastic and has nothing on the walls, but is a huge step up from him denying she's even coming.
I hope everyone had some warm weather to enjoy this weekend and is looking forward to a great week. I really feel like everything is better when it's warm out. We are off to one of the boys favorite parks today (it's overcast which will be perfect for not getting too sweaty) and tomorrow we have a nursery art project planned (fingers crossed it works out, and I'll share). Hope you have a great Monday!

1 comment :

  1. I can't wait to see more on the nursery! And I am drooling over your smores! YUM.

    ReplyDelete