Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday Finds

This week has flown by! I cannot describe how much I love having N and T home without a schedule. It reminds me of when they were teeny tiny and it was just us and our whims - I am ready for summer break (although I don't want to wish away N's kindergarten year!). I have been relishing every moment of this break because we will never have a time like this again! And we've been running around quite a bit which is why there haven't been as many posts.




That mama duck has 17 ducklings! 17!! We watched them for an hour 
(well T and I watched them, N ran circles around the park).

Tomorrow is another day, and another park. I can't wait. I hope everyone is looking forward to a great weekend. It seems like businesses used to be off on Good Friday and Easter Monday, but not anymore unfortunately (and don't get me started on the year my husband had to work and miss T's first egg hunt). We're hoping daddy can come home a little early tomorrow (to mow the lawn, otherwise our egg hunt will be really hard). 

I have some Easter crafts still up my sleeve if we need a few activities. We spent a rainy Wednesday painting and dying eggs. I have the potatoes for this activity if we need another inside painting time. I think they would make cute place cards for Easter.

I think the bunny bunting is adorable. I'd have to cut T's for him, but I know both boys would enjoy adding tails and threading the ribbon (a great fine motor skill task for T).

We have the nursery painted and the crib assembled. And it has me obsessed with looking at nurseries now. I realize ours will be nothing like I imagined (even more of a hodge podge than expected). But I love these new (to me) ones I've seen:
Lindsey has promised to show the rest of the nursery soon, but I love how she chose blue and white stripes to remind her of seersucker (and her husband's UNC love). 

I'm noticing now that all of these are boy rooms. Is it funny that all the adorable boy clothes are standing out to me as well? 

This Target table has caught my eye a few times. I like it because it's light, so if anyone knocks it over, no one is losing an arm. 
It says it isn't in stores, but our store has had it for a few weeks.

In looking for new dresser hardware for the nursery, I came across these:
In general I'm not a huge fan of the fake animal head (or real) on the wall thing, but I love the texture and look of these. How cute would they be in a kid's room (or even in an entry way or kitchen).

And I found some knobs for the light blue dresser, I'm just not sure which color (any votes?):

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend! I still need to decide what we will be having for Easter lunch (any suggestions?). I'm looking forward to seeing blog posts with everyone in their Easter best! 


2 comments :

  1. I am making chicken breast, macaroni and cheese, and cornbread. Any easy desserts or drinks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect spring break..I really like that potato painting craft! And that first nursery you posted is so sophisticated, yet still fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete