Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Revisiting the nursery idea

A few months ago I posted my nursery idea (see details here).
Since then, we actually started working on the room. We painted it Downy white by Sherwin Williams (still love Emerald paint). My dad painted the dresser Atmospheric (a SW color, but in Advance Benjamin Moore paint). I purchased a crib skirt, sheet, curtains and curtain rod (not pictured below). We also picked out new knobs for the dresser, which will most likely be returned (I don't love them enough for the price). 

After getting items in the room, I started looking for more inspiration things (from Friday Finds):

And then today, I started thinking about the nursery a little more. The curtains are green gingham because they matched the rug, but honestly the green is just not working. So I'd like to order the PBK blackout pink curtains. The boys and I created art over spring break to hang above the crib, but it's not quite ready. T's art teacher gave me some pointers and we'll be back at it this week. I want to add a mirror above the dresser and on a small wall beside the closet I'll add a monogram and two hangers with cute dresses (I am in LOVE with the custom hangers from etsy). 

So the new plan:

mix and match nursery




Having less than a month is a little intimidating (did I mention we never finished the boys room - at all?), and I've realized I probably should concentrate on the things we need more than others (for example our swing from 7 years ago no long works, and a bouncy seat died from batteries left in it), but thinking about the room is so much more fun (why can't Serena and Lily design baby swings or bouncers?).

No comments :

Post a Comment