Tuesday, February 18, 2014

mix and match nursery

I've been putting off a nursery plan for a loooong time. I think if I was starting with a blank slate it would be a lot easier, but I'm having to get creative (which usually I love, but for some reason this time it's extra hard). I need some help, desperately. 
Here are a few nursery's I love:


Here's part of my vision (the chair, dresser, crib and rug are all from N, although I could easily get rid of the rug): 
mix and match nursery
 The crib is the Kendall crib from PBK in pine (and on super duper sale). The chair has stripes of blue, pinkish/red, yellow and green on an creamish background (I'd ordered the crib in white first and then realized it would drive me nuts to have it be just ever so slightly off from the chair). I have an old pine dresser at my parents that my dad is painting a light blue (one I haven't picked - maybe Mountain Air by SW). And I have a green rug with off white stars from PBK (super old). 

I picked art and accessories that incorporated shades of pink (and can be easily moved into a big girl room). Anything that is "nursery" needs to have colors that work for either gender in case we have a #4 someday.

I must decide on a room color - and fast. I was thinking with sooo much going on, maybe a creamy shade of white? And for crib linens and roman shades/curtains - what color or colors, pattern or no pattern? I feel like I always pick shades of grey and brown so I'm trying to steer away from those (but oh how I love them).  

2 comments :

  1. Love that flamingo print! Where is that from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your nursery inspiration images! Those neutral baskets are perfect for hiding toys and books.

    ReplyDelete