Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Finds

Happy Happy Friday!! It's the last day of February which means spring is right around the corner. I hope everyone had a great week! This was our last week of "frugal February" (as named by my CPA husband). We have a tradition of not spending in February except on necessities and only eating out once a week. Needless to say I am soooo glad it's over (and I did break the rules when my Starbucks giftcard ran out yesterday). It is time to buy some spring clothes from my guys and my future little gal (and get a bagel and latte this weekend).

This week's Friday Finds are a big mix! Hope you enjoy!

1. Pawley's Island Posh did a great round up of Old Navy finds for kids, here. Julia has two of the best dressed kiddos. I love when she shares great (cheap) finds and I always forget about Old Navy (and it's right next to our Target)!

2. I love this embroidered top from Mini Boden. They are still running their buy 3 get 1 for $1. This is perfect for spring and summer and would look so cute with a cardigan.

3. One of my absolute favorite baby shoe brands is having a great sale! Riley Roos are great for new walking little ones with super soft and bendy soles and oh so stylish! We have quite a few pairs and I'm looking forward to shopping from the girl side soon too! 
Here are some of my picks (the prices are amazing - like $10 and free shipping if you spend $50):



4. Dr. Suess' birthday is on Sunday (I'm reading And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street to N's class today to celebrate). We plan to add a new Dr. Suess book to our collection and enjoying green smoothies - instead of green eggs and ham. I made a green smoothie last summer and the boys thought it was hilarious and finished it in record time. They exclaimed it was a Dr. Suess smoothie. This weekend, we will add a fun straw from Target.
This has varying amounts of kale, plain greek yogurt, banana, orange juice, peaches, flax, honey and milk. 
If I really get my act together we'll also have a Cat In the Hat salad or sandwich (basically a caprese with the alternating red and white).

5. And with Easter still on my mind - how cute is this Anthropologie bunny:

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I think we are attempting to paint the nursery (anyone have a favorite Sherwin Williams white? I've narrowed it down to 4). Anyone have super fun plans?


2 comments :

  1. We have our spending freeze in January! I'm glad other people do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mini Boden is the cutest and I love that bunny! I'm sure you're thrilled to get the chance to shop for a girl!

    ReplyDelete