Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Homemade Valentines

Over the past few preschool years we've given out mostly homemade valentines. I thought I'd share a few (some were super cute and fun to make).  

Last year we decided to try and use things we already had. I saw this idea here and changed it just slightly (to make it a bit easier). 
I handled making the pompoms and the boys glued on the eyes, feet (which were just foam hearts), the antennas, and the note. We made pink and blue, but only because we had pink and blue yarn (again working with what we had).

These candy robots might be my favorite valentine we've made. I know I saw the idea somewhere, but I cannot figure out where (it was pre-pinterest). 
We covered Nerds boxes with pink paper and then used glue dots to attach the candy. We made larger ones using conversation heart boxes for our playgroup. N chose all the decorations and placements.
T was too little to participate so he handed out gummy bears with a note attached.
We've also made general paper ones, but they weren't as cute. 

We try to make a little something special for teachers as well. I shared the window heart last week, here are two more ideas (with terrible pics). These corsage flowers are super easy. Paint more coffee filters, then bunch them up and tie with a pipe cleaner. You can do more than one together so it's a more layered look. N made me one of these at Sunday school on Mother's Day three years ago and it's still on my dresser next to a photo of us.
 Last year, we made another easy project I saw on pinterest. I traced their hand (and cut T's). They glued the heart and the pipe cleaner. We handed them over with flowers.

This year we are attempting these mixed with these because we have a ton of plastic animal figures (and the boys received two more buckets of them for Christmas this year). Although I should probably get started already...



2 comments :