Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekend Review

Happy Monday! I'm on my second cup of coffee (after a trip to the store because we were out) and my little guy has Legos all over the floor (I may not move from my seat for fear of a foot injury). This weekend involved a LOT of bike riding. Now that N is wheelin' on just two wheels, it is all he wants to do. Luckily the weekend weather cooperated. After watching a basketball game with friends, we were outside ALL weekend long.



 There was some baseball practice, but N took two swings and then wanted to hop back on his bike. T kept on swinging (he isn't old enough to play this year, but I think he will enjoy practicing with dad).



Bubbles and sidewalk chalk are warm weather musts! And I still say Gymboree Bubbles are the best bubbles EVER. 

I tried out this 100 Days of Real Food cheese cracker recipe. I thought it would be great to send with the boys for lunches or snacks. It is a really easy recipe, but I will say I think having the sharp cheddar is super important (I only had mild cheddar on hand). That said, there are exactly 2 left, not quite enough for lunches this week. 


To balance out the healthy crackers, we may have also made chocolate chip cookies (I make a batch of the Nestle recipe but only bake about a 1/3, the rest I freeze in ball forms so we can have freshly baked cookies throughout the week). 
After such a wonderful warm weekend, the snow is on it's way. It's in the forecast for three days in a row (only one day is 100%). This may be the first snow I'm just not excited about. When it's cold and icy, we are stuck in the house because of how our driveway is situated. That said, I'm thinking of posting a lot about spring this week (especially adorable clothes that I cannot wait to purchase).

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm going to grab another cup of coffee (decaf unfortunately), if I can make it through the Legos.


No comments :

Post a Comment