Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Book Review: Elephant and Piggie Series

Yesterday I was the mystery reader for N's kindergarten class. I took four books and let him pick the ones he wanted me to read.
He chose We Are in a Book and Visitor for Bear. I've mentioned Visitor for Bear before in this post, and realized it was about time Elephant and Piggie got some attention (and funny enough the books he chose are both gifts from his auntie - and are the ones he chose to have read to his preschool class the past couple years too).

There are a number of Elephant and Piggie books and we have loved each one we've read. Elephant and Piggie are usually up to something funny, and the simple text makes it great for little toddlers as well as new readers (T LOVES when N reads him these books now). The humor is definitely appreciated by all ages (those kindergartners were laughing quite a bit yesterday). 

If you are starting a collection, here's a few I'd recommend:

The author, Mo Willems, also writes the Pigeon series (Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus). 

And one last picture, a couple weeks ago, N mentioned he put all his "best books" on the dresser (he even made a sign). I told him I thought that was a great idea and later when I walked into his room I saw this:
I had to take a picture to remember how cute it was. And I love that his "best books" are his preschool memory books from his teachers, a children's Bible, a couple seek and find books and two Elephant and Piggie books. If you check them out or already have them, I'd love to hear what you think!





1 comment :