Monday, February 3, 2014

Weekend Review

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend! It was busy over here. T started out Friday with a fever and slept all day - the couch in the morning and his bed in the afternoon. 
Things cleared up around 3 (right in time for a haircut at 4:30). The boys both had cuts scheduled (with a new person - I think boys hair must be the most nerve-wracking thing, I always have to take a deep breath when it's haircut time).

On Saturday all the grandparents arrived for N's piano recital. He was so excited and he was wonderful! He played a bit of Ode to Joy and when he arrived back home, played a few more songs. He is really starting to enjoy piano now that he is playing songs. 

Sunday was a beautiful day. We determined (N included) that it was time to try bike riding without training wheels again. Grandpa and Grandma helped at first, and then a 5th grade friend down the street came out to play and helped more than us four adults could have. We are really lucky to have such sweet kids on our street. This sweet guy was so encouraging and patient and N really trusted him.

 We even took our Christmas lights down (usually I wait until April when it's warm, this was a record). T still asks about getting hot chocolate and looking at lights. He is also very upset Pandora took away their Christmas station. 
 Another first was having a kindergarten friend over to play on the weekend. One of N's classmates lives in our neighborhood and visited for a couple hours on Sunday. It was neat getting a sneak peek of how he plays with his school friends (doesn't every kid turn a pool noodle into a light saber?).

And after all that weekend fun, T didn't wake up until 8. He is totally my kid. My husband usually leaves for work before 6:30, but T and I could lounge in bed past 9 (and there's not even a tv to watch in here).

This week I'll share some of our homemade Valentine's (and I need to get started on our Valentine's for this year). I hope everyone had a great weekend and is off to a great Monday!

1 comment :

  1. You had a busy weekend!! I can't wait to see your Valentines!

    ReplyDelete